Is tomato a fruit or a vegetable? All we know is, it is a highly beneficial ingredient for your skin, Period.
How would you feel if I will tell you about 10 cool tomato face masks that can cure acne, reduce irritation, increase fairness & balance pH of your skin?
Tomato is full of natural Vitamin A, C & lycopene. All these 3 things are best for your skin.
With this post, you will get to know about the top benefits of tomato face masks for skin and get ideas to make your own tomato masks at home in 10 different ways! Pamper your skin with this nourishing natural ingredient and ditch those monthly facial treatments in salons that burn a hole in your pockets!
Tomato Face Masks Benefits For Skin
- Rich in Vitamins: Tomato is a rich source of Vitamin A & C. These essential vitamins help to fade away acne marks, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation while building collagen to maintain skin’s elasticity.
- Slows down the aging process: When applied topically, tomato slows down the aging process and makes your skin appear youthful. It also gets rid of the early signs of aging like fine lines and crow’s feet.
- Keeps skin’s pH level in balance: Tomato balances the pH levels of the skin and keeps the natural oil production in control. Totally a boon for those with oily skin!
- Prevents free radical damage: Free radical damage to your skin can accelerate the aging process and make you look older than your age! A special component named lycopene present in tomatoes defends the skin against UV rays that cause free radical damage.
- Use only fresh tomato pulp: Most of the face masks that we are going to share with you below require tomato pulp. Don’t worry, tomato pulp is extremely easy to make! All you need is a fresh ripe tomato – just mash and strain it to remove its skin and seeds. You will be left with an all natural tomato pulp that is ready to be used for face masks! Don’t store the tomato pulp for future use as it will lose its nutrients!
- Cleanse your face properly before you put on the face mask: To get maximum effectiveness out of your DIY tomato face masks, make sure that you put it on a well-cleansed skin! Use a gentle, chemical free face wash and after that, take some rose water on a cotton pad and use it as a toner to wipe out any excess oil or dirt from your skin that the cleanser could have failed to remove.
Homemade DIY Tomato Face Masks
1. Tomato & Oats Face Mask
2. Tomato & Honey Face Mask
3. Tomato & Basil Face Mask
4. Tomato & Milk Face Mask
5. Tomato & Gram Flour Face Mask
6. Aloe Vera & Tomato Face Mask
7. Tomato & Cucumber Face Mask
8. Tomato & Lemon Juice Face Mask
9. Tomato & Brown Sugar Exfoliating Scrub & Mask In One