Having a healthy and glowing skin is not possible if you don’t give it the much needed TLC that it deserves!
Environmental factors like dust, toxic pollution and harsh sun rays can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry, dehydrated and damaged. While such environmental factors are not in your control, you can ensure that your skin gets the essential dose of hydration and moisturization by pampering your skin with DIY Hydrating Face Masks!
Keeping your skin well hydrated and moisturized will make it appear radiant, refreshed and forever young! DIY hydrating masks work as a food for your skin and provide it with the essential nourishment that it needs to stay healthy. In this post, we are sharing the top 10 DIY hydrating masks. These masks use ingredients from the nature that you must be having in your kitchen already. Just spend 15 to 20 minutes of your day in pampering your skin with any of these face masks, your skin will stay energized for the days to come!
But before we start with the face mask DIYs, let’s go through a handful of tips that can help you to keep your skin hydrated.
Tips for keeping your skin hydrated:
- Use a gentle, SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) free face cleanser. Preferably a natural one.
- Don’t use hot water to wash your face, it can strip the natural oils off your skin and make it dehydrated. Use normal, room temperature water.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. You should also try tasty homemade fruit juices to make sure that your body stays hydrated which further leads to a glowing, healthy looking skin!
- Apply a hydrating night cream or aloe vera gel on your face and neck each night before you hit the bed. Your skin will get the required time to absorb the hydration from the cream/aloe vera gel while you will be taking your beauty sleep. You will wake up with a well-nourished skin every day if you do this!
- Include toners and serums in your skincare regime.
- Carry a hydrating facial spray in your bag and spritz it on your skin throughout the day. A convenient way to hydrate your skin when you are out and about.
10 DIY Hydrating Face Masks
1.Yoghurt & Gram Flour
2. Milk & Honey Face Mask
3. Cream & Honey
4. Milk Powder & Rosewater Face Mask
5. Aloe Vera Gel & Cucumber
6. Banana & Honey
7. Oats & Milk
8. Avocado & Aloe Vera Gel
9. Watermelon & Yogurt
9. Papaya & Milk
10. Green Tea & Honey