The internet truly swears by coconut oil for everything. From your skin, hair, body and well basically, your whole life – it claims to fix it all! We don’t know about the rest of its plentiful uses, but we can surely vouch for the innumerable benefits that it has for the skin!
Derived from the meat of mature coconuts, coconut oil is one of the best natural ingredients out there that you can put on your skin. Along with being an excellent moisturizer for the skin, it works as an natural antibacterial and antifungal agent. This multitasking oil is hailed by those with dry and acne prone skin, but being a natural ingredient, it is suitable for all skin types!
In this post, we will be sharing the 9 easy coconut oil face mask DIYs you can pamper your skin with! But first, let us give you an insight to its benefits for your skin so that you can get to know this highly acclaimed ingredient a bit better!
Some key benefits of coconut oil for skin:
- It is rich in Lauric Acid: Lauric Acid makes up to 50% of the total fatty acids present in coconut oil. Lauric Acid is a rare kind of fat that our body converts to monolaurin, an antibacterial agent that keeps the acne at bay. It combats all sorts of acne effectively and ensures that the acne-causing bacteria don’t develop on your skin! Besides lauric acid, it has about 10 other medium-chain fatty acids as well.
- It is considered more beneficial than benzoyl peroxide: If you suffer from severe acne issue or if you are just a skincare enthusiast, then you might have heard about this world popular chemical called benzoyl peroxide which is known for reducing acne when used as a spot treatment. Well, surprise surprise! A study has found that coconut oil is a better acne healer than benzoyl peroxide. It is all because of Lauric Acid present in the coconut that we talked about above. So instead of buying an expensive spot treatment loaded with benzoyl peroxide, how about you try just a dab of coconut oil?
- It is highly moisturizing: Coconut oil has an ability to penetrate deep into the skin and moisturize it from within. This ingredient can surely replace your regular moisturizer! Additionally, due to its ability to penetrate deep into the skin, it is also known as a powerful ingredient to reduce and prevent stretch marks on the body!
- It adds that dewy fresh glow to the skin: The final reason to use coconut oil face masks. With the regular use of coconut oil on your skin, you probably would not feel the need of applying your highlighter to get that glow on your cheeks! We are totally not exaggerating. When your skin is well moisturized and hydrated, it glows naturally!
Try this ingredient to get that dewy glow to your skin and see the results yourself!
A quick tip for using coconut oil for skin:
Looking at the different types of coconut oils available in the market, you might get confused about which one is best suited to be used for skin! We would suggest using extra virgin coconut oil for your skin which is simply known as unrefined coconut oil. As the name tells, unrefined coconut oil is the purest form of coconut oil which has not gone through the refinement process that takes away some of its essential nutrients.
For cooking purposes, refined coconut oil is the best as it has a higher smoking point. For using coconut oil in your skincare regime, go with the unrefined or cold pressed variants – either of them is perfectly fine!
Let’s dive into Coconut Oil Face Masks,
1.Chocolate & Coconut Oil
2. Coffee & Coconut Oil
3. Banana & Coconut Oil
4. Lemon Juice, Yogurt & Coconut Oil
5. Egg White & Coconut Oil
6. Wild Turmeric & Coconut Oil
7. Pomegranate & Coconut Oil
8. Aloe Vera Gel & Coconut Oil